- Keep rubber band stretched.
What shape the scene should take. What is the suspense based on: (her breaking).
- Play brings
(humanity against government).
- (Will he or won't he?) must be
given to the audience so they can wonder, will he or won't he.
- What is going to happen, keep the
audience waiting for the next moment.
- Keep character in difficulty
as long as possible.
- Secret of drama is difficulty.
- What is he thinking, says the audience:
What are the questions? Who is doing what to whom?: that's the
rubber band. (He is trying to find out.)
"In the end, it
can't look like acting."