A normal view of people in dramatic situations... suspense.
- Audience wonders what will come next gets our
wonderments. Give audience time to say "what would I do?" Director:
quality is story telling make
and come to edge and peer over, that's mystery..
- Don't play mystery; mysteriously.
- Humor counter point of
- It's all foreplay.
"You open a door and somebody goes to look you shut it fast."
That is what you keep doing to the audience. See how the dialogue
goes with what you are doing? Don't forget everybody wears a mask.
She is delightful. The situation creates the mystery. She has
to be charming. Don't be mysterious.
- It was missing the game; not just glum. The fun of it: sense of
humor. To find the right man.
- Key to playing mystery. Manner
is ordinary. Current of emotion
hidden. Emotion is strong: but don't show it. Surface is ordinary.
- Machine like. By choices:
How is it possible? Doing it because it was written that way. End result
must be creditability. Bring up doubts in character, will create more suspense. All possibilities for mystery:
What does she mean, a lot of unanswered questions.
- Must take audience into mystery place, better
than yelling. It's all the unknown. Retain mystery.
- Must have suspense.
- Mystery, definition: a normal view of
people in dramatic situation, with an emphasize on suspense.
- Mystery is scary.
- Mystery like comedy has derailment.
- Mystery must be guarded. Audience is saying all the if's.
- Mystery: not necessarily a puzzle to be solved. Based on
suspense, main focus, scare the audience. Don't be gloomy or mysterious. Approach to work
that it is witty, charming, macabre.
- Mystery of life.
- Mystery: Overly apprehensive, so intense
people must be where something might occur. In the face of the unknown.
Place of enchantment. You have to create the alarm. Sense of danger,
apprehensive, create that atmosphere. Discipline the mind.
- Mystery requires it to be a contest.
- Mystery: suspense in the key.
- Mystery: What's wrong?
- Mystery: Will he, won't he, will she,
won't she. Find out when to extend moments, it could go either way.
Don't hurry, explore every possible moment.
Good guys going to win, bad guys going to win, stretch the rubber band.
- Never got past being a scene.
Everything seems planned.
- Secret of mystery: the coiled snake.
- Suspense is: what is the catch? Mystery can
be more than suspense, here it is. Main essence
of story. Where is the efficient? What is the story?
What is the purpose of scene? What
are the moments that progress scene? The story
efficient. Loren Dern; funny face, not a beauty, but sexy. Beauty comes
- What shape the scene should take. What is the suspense based
on: (her breaking.) Play brings humanity against
"In the end, it
can't look like acting."