purpose of the
|| Everything has to
|when to do it.
|how to do it.
is waiting for information, indicate with thought.
of everything that doesn't have meaning. Strip down to
only the essentials. Dispense with everything that is dispensable.
|give it meaning
|make a point.
the size you live. Real is very dull. Heightened reality, condensed in what is meaningful.
- Dialogue are only noises we
make. We don't mean what we say. Understand the audience.
- Don't act in a vacuum, react. Use each object for its
meaning. Audience is barely listening, they are watching.
- Each moment has meaning.
- In story telling, don't take up
time with things that don't matter, art
of compression. Everything you do must be meaningful,
audience is waiting for information. Indicate with thought.
- Make all lines full and
- Mask of boss: noble, I can't be
bribed, bull shit. Human greed, frailty, that is meaning of
- Never think what I would think. Think what the playwright is
saying for his time period. What is the
meaning under the words?
- Pictures have meaning.
- Stage only for meaning: Content.
- The answer is, you have to make everything that happens meaningful.
- What the whole film means
to the audience.
- Every movement, same precision as comedy, each thing has meaning.
"In the end, it
can't look like acting."