- Audience get
tired of a tennis match, looking back and forth and eventually look at
whoever is more interesting. Be inventive.
- Audience is a child, you have to give it to them
clear and simple to follow. You have to physicalize
it, audience won't understand it. Invent.
- A whole series of inventions. like a bead.
- Change surprise, great enemy is monotony. Keep inventing.
- Invent, invent. Up to actor.
- Has the means to it. Harder to do, better to
Use the circumstance, invent, make more.
- Invent things to make it happen.
- Invent, must execute, must happen.
- Invention on invention.
- Must be unusual. invent. Know where
audience attention is.
- Author gives the
words, as an artist you can do things, invent
all that happens. Don't do words literally.
- Actors must be inventive.
- Great actors are inventive.
- Change surprise, great enemy is monotony. Keep
- The more inventive you
are, the better actor you are.
- Think of inventively -
go outside the nine dots.
- If material is
good, get it out. If material is bad, invent stuff to make it funny.
"In the end, it
can't look like acting."