Playing a drunk.
- Coordination: off blur vision, hearing weird.
- Don't be poetic drunk,
don't make pictures. Alcoholism: panic when running out of booze don't cradle the bottle,
don't indicate. Actor must present the character.
- Drunk condition: floor is moving, eyes
out of focus, you see four chairs, instead of one, tongue is three
times as thick,
like having thick paper wad in your mouth.
- Drunks: think they were
funny, great, all powerful, so wonderful, adorable, don't play victim.
- Eye sight is fussy.
- React to what you're drinking.
- Show what happens to a person totally drunk.
- Was because actors didn't understand scene
or know how to do drunkenness.
- When playing drunk, play
like your tongue is real thick when you speak.
"In the end, it
can't look like acting."